Counselling is person focused and based on helping individuals (children, teenagers and adults), couples and families to explore issues, concerns and/or self-validation, which leads to the development of more satisfying and resourceful ways of living. Our clients may have the opportunity to:
- explore thoughts, feelings and behaviours
- expand their self-awareness
- improve their self-esteem and motivation
- reduce levels of stress and anxiety
- improve communication
- reduce depression
- become more self-accepting
- improve relationships, and/or
- increase their self-development skills.
We have funding available for young people and adults who have children under 18 years. There may be other streams of funding available if you do not fall into this category, so please do not hesitate to enquire here.
This service is audited by the Ministry of Social Development (MSD).